Since 1962, the Niagara Symphony Summer Music Camp (SMC) has inspired and encouraged young musicians. A belief in the value of music education has been the motivation for the establishment of performance programmes for all skill levels and ages. Members of our teaching faculty are professional musicians and music educators selected for their knowledge and ability to inspire. They are dedicated to creating an environment that instils a joyful appreciation of music and its performance while developing strong technical and ensemble skills. Apprentice staff members are enthusiastic young musicians; many are former campers, eager to blend learning with fun.
SMC is presented in the excellent facilities at Ridley College,St. Catharines
Campers enjoy a full and varied schedule that includes:
- Daily recitals featuring faculty and guest artists
- Orchestra, Concert Band, String Ensemble, Jazz Band or Choir participation
- Supervised outdoor recreation
- Session 1 June 29 – July 20, 2015: Parent & Tots 18 months to 3 years, Early Years 4 – 7 years & Junior Classes 8 -11 years
- Session 2 July 13 – 14, 2015: Senior Classes – 11 – 15 years & Junior Classes – 5 – 8 years SMC
- Harpsicles are child-sized lap harps perfect for introductory music exploration. Check out this link to learn more about the newest programme at SMC
Registration for SMC 2015 Opens MARCH 2015
For more information or assistance, please contact B. J. Armstrong
email@example.com | (905) 687-4993 ext. 223
The NSO extends our sincere thanks to the generous contributors to the 2014 SMC Bursary Fund:
Susan Baker | Lisa Benger | Linda Chang | Canadian Federation of University Women, St. Catharines | Canadian Federation of University Women, Welland & District | Leslie Horvath | Richard Juritsch | Kinsmen Club of Fonthill and District | Kiwanis Club of St. Catharines | May Court Club of St. Catharines | Optimist Club of Welland | Sun Media Niagara’s Children’s Summer Camp Fund | and generous anonymous donors
Contributions to the Bursary Fund help remove financial barriers for families who wish to send their children to Summer Music Camp.
special thanks to Canadian Tire Financial for supporting Recital Rap
The NSO was pleased to welcome a new sponsor to SMC 2014: Meridian Credit Union. Thanks to Meridian’s generous contribution to Special Needs Education, a special needs resource teacher joined the SMC faculty to support children of all abilities.