Since 1962, the Niagara Symphony Summer Music Camp (SMC) has inspired and encouraged young musicians. A belief in the value of music education has been the motivation for the establishment of performance programmes for all skill levels and ages. Members of our teaching faculty are professional musicians and music educators selected for their knowledge and ability to inspire. They are dedicated to creating an environment that instils a joyful appreciation of music and its performance while developing strong technical and ensemble skills. Apprentice staff members are enthusiastic young musicians; many are former campers, eager to blend learning with fun.
SMC is presented in the excellent facilities at Ridley College,St. Catharines
Campers enjoy a full and varied schedule that includes:
- Daily recitals featuring faculty and guest artists
- Orchestra, Concert Band, String Ensemble, Jazz Band or Choir participation
- Supervised outdoor recreation
- Session 1 June 30 – July 11: Parent & Tots 18 months to 3 years, Early Years 4 – 7 years & Junior Classes 8 -11 years
- Session 2 July 14 – 25: Senior Classes – 11 – 15 years & Junior Classes – 5 – 8 years SMC
- Harpsicles are child-sized lap harps perfect for introductory music exploration. Check out this link to learn more about the newest programme at SMC
Registration Open – best availability for 8 to 15 years!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE FULL: Session 1 Music For Young Children AM; Session 1 Ukulele Kids AM; Session 1 Orff AM; Session 1 Harp option; Session 1 Handbells; Session 1 Beginner Cello; Session 2 Sunshine Kids AM; Session 2 Harpsicles PM; Session 2 Ukulele Kids PM; Session 2 Harp option
- Online: click here to register online
- By fax: click here to download the brochure, complete, and fax to 905-687-1149
- By phone: call 905-687-4993 ext. 223
- By mail: click here to download the brochure, complete and mail to 101 King Street Unit 16, St. Catharines ON L2R 3H6
- By Pay Pal: click here to pay now
For more information or assistance, please contact B. J. Armstrong
email@example.com | (905) 687-4993 ext. 223
The NSO extends our sincere thanks to the generous contributors to the 2014 SMC Bursary Fund:
Susan Baker | Lisa Benger | Linda Chang | Canadian Federation of University Women, St. Catharines | Leslie Horvath | Richard Juritsch | Kinsmen Club of Fonthill and District | Kiwanis Club of St. Catharines | May Court Club of St. Catharines | Sun Media Niagara’s Children’s Summer Camp Fund | anonymous donors:
and thanks to Canadian Tire Financial for supporting Recital Rap
The NSO is pleased to welcome a new Summer Music Camp sponsor, Meridian Credit Union. Thanks to Meridian’s generous contribution to Special Needs Education, SMC faculty will now include a special needs resource teacher, available to support children of all abilities.